Wednesday, July 19

Ad infinitum.












why does the street lamp glow a dimmer shade, each time i stroll past an old memory lurking in the depths of the abyss that commands my every move. the swirling mystery that inhabits my innermost desires that punctuate endless speeches and infinitely vacates space for ubiquitous pictures that mockingly flash before my glistening eyes. the nonchalant gazing through the cold steel grills of the window seem to numb me more than it did, now that i am far more lost in my precociousness; far too blinded by sweet smelling roses every thursday night. the dried petals a reminder of what used to be; luscious silken skin underneath my sense of touch forcing smile after smile; simultaneously, taking my thoughts far from beguile.

why do dry rose petals retain their colour?

it does not really matter. for i am happy they have colour at all, clinging onto dried hopes and decaying memoirs of magnanimity and mellow moaning while my fingers do more than just feed my incessant needs for attention. intent on following subtle shivers to the point of sentient feelings that set of seemingly limitless amounts of sensual salaciousness and amorous aphrodisia, willingly partaken in of course. giving basic thought very little room to administer rational behaviour while i indulge in fondling with concupiscence knowingly as it brings about your hunger for me.

yes i am self-indulgent.

but what does that say about you my lustful lover? vision less only when your needs are being stroked to ecstasy, ruing the sight of me once your voracious libido is satisfied and sleeping. pretentiously holding my hand throughout my ordeal as though purposefully feeding my desire to feed you. the lifelessness of me is only my reflection in your eyes when the look of disgust spreads from your lips to the back of your head as i watch you caress the wind as you walk away from my line of sight.

but those petals do not lose their colour still.

6 comments:

Miao 妙 said...

Hi, I'm a fellow Singaporean.

Nice, the way you switch between long and short sentences.

raj. said...

I just stepped back into this realm because of your message and find that i myself feel foreign. Although these words are my own and i adore what i have done so far, i have deprived myself and my words, for some time now. Ironic in a sense.

Well miao, your compliments are appreciated. As much as i enjoy writing, comments are welcome as well. So thank you, fellow singaporean (which i don't understand why you had to tell me).

Miao 妙 said...

Well it was just a random tidbit of information because I find it pleasantly surprising that a Singaporean can write so well when our country's population generally expresses no interest in literature. Or rather, they generally do not portray themselves as linguistically talented. So it is rather refreshing to read your writings, because they are rather poetic. :)

raj. said...

It seems to me that at this very point in time, we have surpassed time and space and are in tune with our thoughts at the same moment. for i am sitting at the screen while i receive your comment. And i am replying again, as i did 2 hours ago.

So i see you are affluent in your praises for me. And you have accompanied your compliments with valid reasoning (not to mention a few laughs not out loud to be politically correct and all that). To portray myself as such, and you understanding them as such, is the biggest compliment of all. I thank you heartily and perhaps i will hear from you more often, when i write more often. grin.

But of course, i do not mind hearing from individuals who appreciate my being "linguistically talented" at any time. cue wink.

Miao 妙 said...

Well I am just expressing my appreciation for a fellow countryman (or countrywoman). :) I'm looking forward to more of your writings soon. Keep up the great work.

P.S.: You aren't Chinese, are you? My instinct tells me that you aren't. LOL.

raj. said...

(stifles laugh) I suppose my answer wouldn't surprise you. but i'll leave it to you expert judgement, since you were spot on when assessing moi. grin.

As for the future, i always aim to prevent disappointment to those who are express ardency towards me. But its a waste to set goals such as these since i never disappoint anyway.

a more immediate means perhaps, my fellow singaporean? i am avail. on msn. drakker_99@hotmail.com